The founder of Hapkido Dojunim Ji Han Jae has lived a long life now age 83 years old, he has a series of recommendations to better living. They are as follow:
1. You will receive a body. You will like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period you're around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work".
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here".
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
In the last few years Doju Ji, Han Jae has been emphasizing the elements of Sinmoo Hapkido that help the mind and spirit. The following are recommendations to help maximize your Ki Power Development and your SinMoo training.
They are left for you to research as they are new for all of us. SinMoo Hapkido is not simply a martial art, but rather a way of life. Follow these 9 Rules of the Body, mind and soul, and help people, teach them.
1- Too much watching Television or Sitting at the computer dries out the blood.
2- Too much sleep diminishes your Ki.
3- Sitting for a lengthy period of time creates muscle damage.
4- Walking for a lengthy period of time creates tendon damage.
5- Standing for a lengthy period of time creates bone damage.
6- Do not talk too much; Good names are Jesus Christ, Buddha, Confucius, George Washington, etc. Bad names such as Hitler, Napoleon, Al Capone. How do you make a good name for yourself ?
7- Do not sleep too much.
8- Do not eat too much.
9- Do not play too much video games.
SinMoo Jung Shin Kwan Hapkido & Kum Sool
6916 Piedmont Center Plaza Gainesville, VA 20155
Copyright © 2019 SINMOO HAPKIDO JUNG SHIN KWAN - All Rights Reserved.
ASPECTS OF THIS WEBSITE REQUIRE MEMBER LOG IN